Today is ‘World Book Day’, when lots of children go to school dressed as their favourite character from a book. This got me thinking about my own childhood, and my top 10 childhood books.
My top 10 childhood books
- Milly Molly Mandy by Joyce Lankester Brisley
- Squirrel Nutkins by Beatrix Potter
- Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- Rupert Bear by Mary Tourtel
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
- Famous Five by Enid Blyton
- Mallory Towers by Enid Blyton
- The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton
- The Fourth Key by Malcom Saville
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
My trip to our village library every Saturday morning was always followed by a visit to the local news agent where I collected my favourite comic. I progressed from: Bunty and Judy to School Friend and Diane. Later when I felt very grown up I read Jackie and Boyfriend.